2.22.2012

Is this Tumblr?

No? Whatever. Here are a couple of links.

Brainstorming is not the best model. Lots of people probably know this intuitively, but I appreciate the statistics. How many brainstorming meetings turn out to be totally useless? Related: "The Pope's visit to Britain will not be affected by the disclosure of a Foreign Office document mocking the Catholic Church, the Vatican said."

How to do what you love. The best part of the article (I shortened that to 'particle' the first time I tried to write it out) was the two models of attaining a job doing what you love: the organic route and the two-job route. Right now, I'm leaning more towards the two-job route. I would appreciate having a job of any sort right now more than having my dream job. At least for now, my day job would provide me a source of income to pursue my "true" passion, whatever that is. I know that it's not writing my thesis...

2 comments:

  1. I like criticizing people. Didn't realize there was no criticizing in brainstorming.

    Also, I really enjoy writing my thesis. It is great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thesis is useless. Terrible data, with no hope of any more to come.

      Delete